Jackfruit is one of the most popular fruit in the Philippines as we call it “Langka”.
Its fruit is large and green, covered with pyramidal spines. Pericard and pulp around the seeds are fit to be eaten. Pulp is thick, rich yellow, sweet and aromatic when ripe. Seeds are numerous and vary in size.
“Halo-halo” (Filipino dessert with mixture of shaved ice and evaporated milk) and “Ginataang Langka” ( jackfruit in coconut milk) are among popular Filipino style jackfruit recipe.
Jackfruit is believed to have originated in India Southwestern rain forest in India, it is also widely cultivated and popular fruit in tropical countries like Philippines. Moreover it is also known as the largest tree-borne fruit, it reaches approximately about 35 kilograms in weight 90 centimeters in length and centimeters in diameter and its tree can produce for about 100 to 200 fruits in a year.
It is not the size nor the number of fruits it can produce but what makes jackfruit amazing is that the health benefits it can give.
Here’s the list:
1. Helps to get glowing complexion - This fruit is rich in fiber so it detoxifies your system to add glowing complexion. Jackfruit seeds also aids constipation.
2. Promotes hair growth - Jackfruit is good for blood circulation and it is essential for hair growth.
3. Rich in Vitamin A - Its seeds are rich in vitamin A which is good for healthy hair and to stop hair from dryness.
4. Flawless Skin - To reveal flawless skin in a few minutes try to soak some dry seed with milk and honey. Grind them into a fine paste and apply on your face. Let it dry, and then wash off.
5. High in Protein - This can be included in different foods you cook. Jackfruit seeds are high in protein and can be replaced lentis in your diet.
6. Immunity - Jackfruit can boost your immune system because it is also a good source of antioxidant and vitamin C which prevent from common flu, cough and colds and infections.
7. Fights wrinkles - It can also minimize wrinkles in just 6 days. Dip jackfruit seed in some cold milk for a minute. Grind this well and apply gently on the wrinkles. Do it regularly for best results.
8. Provides Energy - It is packed with calorie and carbohydrates which gives energy. Jackfruit has no cholesterol that’s why it is safe for everyday consumption.
9. Maintain blood pressure - Jackfruit is beneficial to reduce high blood pressure, stroke and heart attack because it is also a good of potassium which maintain the fluid level and to balance electrolytes.
10. Improves digestion - It prevents constipation and improves digestion as well because jackfruit is rich in dietary fiber which acts as a natural laxatives. It also reduces the toxin effects in the colon and gives protection from colon cancer.
11. Improves Eyesight - Jackfruit is rich in vitamin A and antioxidant that is also an essential nutrient good eyesight. Moreover, it gives protection against cataract and macular degeneration. and can prevent night blindness as well.
12. Prevents Anemia- It boosts your body to absorb iron to stop anemia. Aside from that, Jackfruit is also with Vitamin A, C, E, K, Niacin, Vitamin Folate, Pantothenic acid, Copper, Manganese and Magnesium that are required for blood formation.
13. Asthma - Jackfruit gives relief for those who are suffering from asthma.
14. Bone Health - It strengthen and promotes of healthy bone because jackfruit is also a good source of calcium which increase bone density.
15. Skin Health and Anti-Aging - It is a good source of antioxidant which fights free radicals in our system to slow down aging process.
16. Prevents Cancer - Due to its richness in antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoid, jackfruit protects our body from free radicals and cancer because antioxidants can neutralize them to protect DNA from damage.
17. Regulate blood sugar level - Jackfruit has rich amount of manganese which helps regulate blood sugar level in the body.
18. Keeps Thyroid healthy - Jackfruit is loaded with potent micro minerals and copper which are essential for thyroid metabolism and it keeps metabolism rate healthy as well.
19. Ulcers - Jackfruit can cure ulcers and other digestive system disorders due its strong strong ulcerative properties.
20. Lower risk of heart disease - It keeps our heart healthy, because of Vitamin B6 presents from jackfruit it aids to lessen homocysteine levels in our blood it is indeed heart friendly.